Customer Maniac
These are the ideas, thoughts and insights of a customer champion who has helped some of North America's largest companies service and sell with excellence

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I like to share

Although blogging is still a bit new to me, I am having a lot of fun with it. One of the reasons I am having so much fun is that I love to read and now, I have an outlet to share my thoughts on customer experiences, good business practices and my experiences. This blog is a great way for me to exercise and centralize my compelling need to share those kinds of things in one place.

Now, I've already written about how I believe the customer service world is round. However, I also believe that when it comes to readily available information and the ability to find people who are also passionate about customers and the experiences they deliver, the world has most certainly been flattened. One example can be found with Michael Seaton, who directs the digital marketing at Scotiabank in Canada, and also writes The Client Side Blog.”.

I thought his post titled "Observation on so-called service” was quite telling about the retail-based experience. So today I share by linking you there. I also see he referenced me in a post he wrote a while ago on "Do you ask your customers to do as you say, not as you do?" .

Sharing is good.

Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

  • Dan,
    I enjoyed reading your thoughts on customer service in the airline industry.
    I hope you guys at SP can teach some lessons and deliver solutions in the consumer products area , because there are so many that just dont get it.
    Maybe stratified pricing for support is the answer because for those who put a value on their time
    might be willing to pay.
    have you ever seen the book "Raving Fans" by Ken Blanchard,the One Minute managaer?
    Although his theme is a little hokey ,the message of not setting the bar so high that it cant be hit
    every time is a good lesson.
    Mike Hewlett

    By Blogger Unknown, At January 20, 2007 at 10:22:00 AM PST  

  • Dan,

    Enjoyed your views on service in the airline industry.
    Hopefully you guys at SP Data will help educate (once again) and deliver solutions to some of the people in the consumer products field whose idea of service is so different that that demanded, at least by some customers who put a value on their own time
    have you seen the book by Ken Blanchard, the One Minute manager, entitled "Raving Fans"
    Although his theme is a little hokey the message is sound, ie:set the bar so you can hit it each and every time before you raise it too high and peoples expectation levels
    become totally jaded
    We need more people to comment on some of your misc. thoughts re service levels.
    Remember the "Tipping Point"!!

    Mike Hewlett

    By Blogger Unknown, At January 20, 2007 at 10:35:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home