Customer Maniac
These are the ideas, thoughts and insights of a customer champion who has helped some of North America's largest companies service and sell with excellence

Friday, December 22, 2006

Why do the best customers pay more?

I’m always frustrated to see my service provider offering half the rate I pay to a prospect. I would tell you that on an inbound call, virtually never would you be asked if they could look at your account and improve your situation. To get a better deal, you need to threaten cancellation of your service and then somehow, miraculously you are transferred to the “retention” group and your package improves. You should try it sometime.

I find calling the retention group is a good way of paying what is a fair market value. But the problem is this. Did you know that the average wireless carrier hears from their customer every 2 months or, 6 times a year? What an opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home